Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Recipe: The Perfect Quiche

I had this quiche last summer with broccoli at my sister-in law’s house and I thought about making it ever since the first bite. I was very pleased when I received the recipe as it was so easy to replicate!

Don’t be afraid to add or substitute ingredients that sound good to you. On my list to try are salami, ham and a scoop of sour cream (although not all together)! My daughter loves this quiche so I load hers with extra veggies.

I hope you find this recipe as fun as I do to play with!


INGREDIENTS:

  • 3 eggs
  • 2/3 cup whole milk
  • a few pinches of ground nutmeg
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 3 oz sharp cheddar or gouda(shredded)
  • Two or three vegetables of your choice sautéed. Some of my favorite choices are: tomato/ mushroom, asparagus/tomato, broccoli/spinach, red pepper/spinach/onion. But you can put whatever sounds tempting to you!
  • Frozen pie crust (sometimes the package says fill and bake)
  • Optional: two slices bacon (fry in pan and then break up into small pieces)


INSTRUCTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Brush olive oil on the bottom of your pie crust and prick the sides and bottom a few times with a fork.
3. Bake pie crust for 10 minutes.
4. Remove from oven.
5. Mix the eggs in a medium bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
5. Pour in pie crust and bake for an additional 40 minutes. Check on quiche the last 10 minutes in case it cooks quicker. When done, the quiche should be brown and firm to the touch.

~Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment